Your First Appointment With Acu-Care Health Centers
Your First Facial Rejuvenation Appointment With
Acu-Care Health Centers
Preparing for a facial rejuvenation session:
- Be on time - this is a timed procedure and you don't want to miss out on any part of the protocol.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water 2 days prior and 2 days after the session.
- Avoid coffee, non-herbal teas and diuretic medications if possible before the session - sessions last approximately 50 minutes. It is difficult to stop the session for a bathroom break. Please use the restroom immediately prior to the session.
- If possible, come to the appointment with a clean face and no make-up.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. We need to have access to your neck area, so please wear a v-neck or low-cut top.
- Wear no jewelry from the neck up.
- Part of the protocol involves applying gel in the low hairline area. Expect that you may have to fix your hair after the session.
- For men, please be clean shaven before you come in.
- For the best rejuvenation results, conversation should be kept to a minimum during the session. The muscles receiving the stimulation respond much better when they are at rest.
For the best results, sessions need to be scheduled twice weekly for the first 4 weeks, then weekly afterwards until the initial series is completed.
- Clients under 40 years of age will generally need 10 sessions.
- Clients over 40 tend to need 15 to 20 sessions, depending on skin condition and lifestyle habits.
- Older clients, those with deeper wrinkles and those who have had a lot of sun exposure or who are smokers will probably need 20 sessions, initially.
To maintain the full benefits, you should receive a booster session every 4 to 7 weeks after completing the initial series (frequency depends on client's age, general skin condition, etc.).