We are Acu-Care Health Centers
What are the Health Benefits of Acupuncture?
Oriental medicine is a holistic approach which focuses on the interaction of all bodily systems to restore the health and well being of the whole person - body, mind and spirit. The following are a few of the physical benefits of acupuncture:
- Balance the side effects of conventional drugs and procedures.
- Build the patient's strength before and after surgery.
- Provide help where conventional medicine does not have a ready cure. This may occur in cases such as chronic fatigue syndrome, poor digestion, yeast infections, arthritis, etc.
- Speed recovery by providing adjunctive therapy to conventional treatments.
With certain health conditions, acupuncture can be so effective that the person can reduce or eliminate the need for prescription medications and/or surgery.
For most people, the acupuncture experience is very relaxing, which in and of itself is an important health benefit considering the hectic life which most of us lead. Many patients report that they feel more emotionaly balanced and experience increased mental clarity after treatment.
Oriental medicine treats a wide variety of disorders. The World Health Organization (WHO) lists over forty diseases that acupuncture can treat effectively. The following is a partial list including, but not limited to, the most common ailments.
All Types of Pain
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ)
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Knee Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Bell's Palsy
- Other Nerve-related Pain
Accident and Work-related Injuries
- Muscle Inflammation and Pain
- Inflammation of Discs in the Neck and Back
- Carpal-tunnel Syndrome
- Repetitive-motion Injuries
- Adjunctive Therapy for Broken Bones
- Joint Swellings
General Health Disorders
- Common Cold
- Allergy and Sinus Conditions
- Poor Digestion
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Chronic and Acute Ear, Nose and Throat Infections
- Allergies and Asthma
- Angina Pain
- High Blood Pressure
- Poor Circulation
- Stress Levels
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Abnormal Urination
- Low Sex Drive
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Infertility/Menstrual Irregularities
- Painful Menstruation
- Pre-menstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Discomfort during Pregnancy
- Perimenopause and Menopausal Issues
- Hypo & Hyperthyroid Problems