San Diego Microlight Facial Rejuvenation
Foods and Ingredients That Promote Healthy Skin
Which foods and ingredients promote healthy skin?
- Avocado - Rich in essential fatty acids.
- Berries - Especially blueberries, which are high in antioxidants.
- Olive and Olive Oil - Rich in essential fatty acids.
- All Other Fruits and Vegetables - Especially apples, asparagus, celery, cherries, dried fruits, eggplant, garlic, onions, pears, grapes, spinach, leeks, legumes, lima beans and melons.
- Eggs - Don't overcook; best if the yolk is runny.
- Fatty Fish - Choose salmon, mackerel, bluefish, anchovies, sardines, tuna or a pure fish oil supplement (Careful with high content in some fish, especially tuna).
- Grape Seed Extract - An excellent antioxidant.
- Herbs and Spices - Especially cumin, basil, oregano, rosemary and black pepper.
- Tea - This includes both black and green varieties.
- Water - Nothing can substitute for it. Drink at least 6 - 8 glasses per day.
- Yogurt - Organic, whole-milk variety is best.
Which foods and ingredients have a negative impact on the skin?
- All Highly Processed Foods - Especially white bread and anything else made with white flour.
- All Fried Foods - Especially french fires, chips and packaged snacks.
- Alcohol in Excess - Ages the body and is dehydrating.
- Caffeine - Is dehydrating and increases stress on the body.
- Drugs (prescription and over-the-counter) - Almost all drugs deplete needed nutrients and inhibit the actions of key enzymes in the body.
- "Fake" Fats (hydrogenated fats) - This includes margarine.
- Sugar - Every kind of sugar, including corn syrup.
- Artificial Sweeteners - The only kinds that are safe to use are xylitol and stevia because they don't cause blood sugar spikes.